The aim of the Athletics Programme is to develop the students’ athletic skills and team play. Good sportsmanship is encouraged throughout the programme. ISA’s on-campus facilities include multipurpose courts for basketball, handball and volleyball as well as a separate playground for the needs of the early primary school students. In addition, we make use of nearby sports facilities belonging to the municipality of Kifissia such as an indoor gym, full-sized football (soccer) field and track and field grounds.
Students who wish to take part in competitive athletics can try out and join the school’s teams, which primarily compete against other international schools.
Sports and activities offered throughout the year include, among others:
- Junior and senior varsity volleyball
- Junior and senior varsity soccer
- Junior and senior varsity basketball
- Cross Country
- Beach Volleyball Tournament at Schinias
- Intramural sports
- Clubs such as swimming and tennis
- Ski trips locally or abroad